A forgotten gem

Five years ago I wrote a post about the remix 12" of "Inside Out" by Electribe 101. In my missive I complained this record seemed to have been miss-pressed as it had glitches, pops and all manner of background noise that ruined one of the best records the band released.

So imagine my excitement when lead singer Billie Ray-Martin announced the release of a four CD box set of parent album "Electribal Memories" that included the "MCM Mix" of Inside Out - my prayers had finally been answered. 

I did actually succeed in creating my own recording of the track with all of the artefacts edited out, but it took many weeks and I was never one hundred percent happy with it - but in the absence of the mix ever being released digitally, it was the best I was going to get.

So now I own a pristine digital recording of the mix and I only had to wait thirty four years. Patience is a virtue.


No comments:

Post a Comment