Cheapo Hi-Fi challenge: week 3

This week hasn't seen much activity for the Hi-Fi challenge. A new acquisition is winging its way to me, but it hasn't yet arrived. Unfortunately this new item is being delivered via Royal Fail (sorry Mail), so even if it does manage to get here, it will probably be in pieces.

One change I have made this week is to the RCA cables being used to cobble the separates together. When I first set the system up I used whatever I could find in the loft. However, the cables I used weren't of the best quality and some even had bent plugs. Therefore I resolved to purchase something better.

I decided that the budget could stretch to some Primewire HQ Platinum cables. At £5 they fit the bill perfectly; they are both 'budget' and of good quality. These cables are undoubtedly a step up from the rubbish I had been using and have impressed me so much that I have bought more for my system upstairs. I also have some in reserve for when new separates arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment