Front Line Assembled

About 4 years ago I posted about my quest to acquire all of Front Line Assembly's back catalogue on CD. I continued to buy CDs from Discogs and eBay until only one CD single eluded me. For about 2 years I have searched for a copy of  "No Limit" but as this CD is 33 years old, it can be difficult to come by at a reasonable price. Having finally won an auction last week, my collection is now complete.

The music in this CD mixes samples of speech and effects from films with driving Yamaha DX7 basslines and Bill's indiscernible lyrics. The mixes are far too long and the sample of a man repeatedly screaming for the final 5 minutes of "Lethal Compound" is a very real test of your resolve. However, if you're in the mood for some late eighties industrial music "No Limit" fits the bill.

One aspect of record collecting that I find rewarding is when I get to delete an eBay saved search or remove something from my Discogs wantlist. So I'm quite content tonight. This is both because I finally own the CD but also because I can stick two fingers up to the guy who has been repeatedly listing this CD at inflated prices on eBay for about 3 years. Sometimes you just need to stick it out to stick it to the scalpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment