CD storage is impossible

I love music. Consequently I have lots of CD's. I collect records by the Pet Shop Boys and have lots and lots of those. Storing them is a real pain. I often muse over the benefits of a digital music collection.

A friend of mine recently sold her entire CD collection after she copied it all to her hard drive. I think she will regret that decision one day, especially if her hard drive melts. Also, I consider the packaging of a record to contribute to its overall worth. Why else would I spend £300 on a Pet Shop Boys deluxe edition album when I already own the music it contains?
I recently found this picture of my entire Pet Shop Boys collection on my hard drive. It is circa 2003 and in 6 years it has grown. The second picture is merely the CD's as I couldn't fit all the vinyl in the same picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment