Just for the record(s)

In a recent post, I praised the box set available for the new Depeche Mode album ‘Sounds of the Universe’. As well as praising this release, I also wished for a nice box set to accompany the new Pet Shop Boys album ‘Yes’. I got my wish. Oh boy did I get my wish. Look here if you dare. It is now SOLD OUT!
 
Now I know what you’re thinking: “£300 in a recession? You must be joking!” Nevertheless, it is obvious this is going to be a highly sought after item and will only increase in value. For a collector such as myself, I think it makes sense as an investment. As a Pet Shop Boys fan I think it is the most awesome release I have EVER seen. I am aware vinyl is not for everybody, but that is kind of the point of a release like this. Only those of us who appreciate good vinyl editions will truly acknowledge the intrinsic value in an 11x12” box set. People who ‘wish it was a CD box set’ have missed the point of this version entirely. The exclusive instrumental mixes are not important (my copy will never be played so I will not even hear them!) they are just a bonus. There is of course a standard LP of ‘Yes’ being pressed (and even that is limited to 1000 copies) but the sheer gorgeousness of this box set makes it the standout Pet Shop Boys ever created. I will even venture the opinion that this is the best release by anybody in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment