I lost something....and gained some monitors

Today I lost 2 and a hlaf hours of my life to visual and aural torture.

I could have spent this time watching paint dry, staring at the wall or hammering rusty nails into my penis; all of witch are favourable to watching the film "Southland Tales". I don't care if you like it, as I will never be swayed. It's dire.

However, in order to salvage some enjoyment in my remaining free time, I decided to try out my new studio monitors. I have always known that you simply can't record your own music usng conventional loudspeakers. Subsiquently, I have used some very cheap "Mini Monitors" for many years. But recently I noticed that the tweater cones had been punched in (probably during a traumatic house move), thus I plumped for some new Tannoy Reveal 6 monitors.
Having purchased 'budget', but never the less, 'proper' studio monitors I thought I had better put them through their paces. Obviously I bought these monitors because they look very cool but how do they sound?
The first thing I notice about these cabinets is that they produce a lot of bass. Yet it is not the bass a conventional Hi-Fi speaker might generate. These monitors seem to emit a heart thumping and clear bass tone that might be too much for some. With these monitors also being so much larger than my old Gale Mini Monitors they also provide better stereo definition and slightly higher volumes. There is definitely more punch from these new monitors. All in all I'm very pleased with them.
The only draw back is their size. These new monitors make me realise just how powerful the Gale monitors are when you consider their size. Still I had a good time listening to some of my favourite tracks and managed to forget about "Southland Tales".

No comments:

Post a Comment